Sunday, January 1, 2012

Where to next?


Here's a pic of my men learning to cast on Christmas Day, one poor
lad fell in. I think my current frustration is lack of time to do things like I'd like them
to be done. We go and go and go. We work, and work, and work. Laundry, dishes,
cleaning, dehydrating, I hardly cook anymore. Date night, tonight was spent with
the older kids, then eating a grilled cheese sandwich, and falling into bed, exhausted
by 9pm.

Unfortunately a barking dawg, and insomnia had me back up in 30 minutes, so I did
more laundry. I've never worked so hard in my life....

Today, I had a melt down, sparked by a six year old and husband talked me through
my stress without escalating my vent. He's quite clever.



I feel like I've just barely raised one generation, and this new one is taking every last
once of energy. I don't exercise. I have great ideas, but not enough patience. And we
just work so damned hard. I don't want exhaustion to be the new norm. So I've prayed
for God to nourish my relationships with these young men. I push them, I raise the bar,
just like I did with m other kids.

Truth is, we really have a lovely family. We fight, we love, we flick eye balls, we
accept, we nurture, we appreciate. We do zerberts.

I have been trying to pace myself. but the preps need to be done, money earned, money
saved, Going forward, more work, more flexibility, more nurturing even as times
get harder . . . because we must.

mh

No comments:

Post a Comment