Monday, October 31, 2011

Prepping my a$$ off . . .

Thanks to Wendy, I was able to take my mind of personal doom
and focus on the Zombie Apocolypse.

1. We scored a ton of used clothes for the kids at a local
consignment sale.

2. We bought the kids each their very own shovel 2/$1.

3. My food dehydrator has been going nonstop for nearly a month.
I actually have at least 8 more loads to go in (each load takes
about a day), before I even have to think "what next?"

4. I have run out of room in the pantries for canned goods.

5. Everyone in this household of 7 is comfortable with prepping.

6. I have been working my ass off since husband lost his job.

7. Husband now has 5, count 'em 5, jobs. I helped him this some
this weekend (it's hard to spend quality time riggt now, lol)
Sunday morning we were up at 2:45 am to start his paper route.
Sunday afternoon, we went to the airport for his 5th job (delivering
lost luggage). It's actually a pretty good gig. We drove up to
Dunlap,TN. It was absolutely gorgeous. The fall colors were so
nice, the mountains and valleys so scenic. I made husband promise
to buy me a farm if we ever struck it rich. We got the luggage
delivered and on the way home, I scored 40 pounds of locally
grown sweet potatoes.

Happy Hectic Days,
M

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the job thing, but I'm glad that you have been able to put away food for the winter. Our dehydrator has been going pretty much nonstop, too. Joe unloaded it this morning, and I haven't had a chance yet to reload (made rolls, started laundry, some basic cleaning ...) and it is weird for the dining room (where we have it set up) to be so quiet. However, there are some tomatoes waiting their turn.

    "Prepping" is a lot more acceptable when the emergency seems to be so nearby. My family knows my employment situation is a little shaky, so right now everyone's on board at my house, too. Wish we had more peanut butter in the pantry, though.

    ReplyDelete